X Close
Online Enquiry
Name *
Phone *
Email *
* Required fields

Contact Us


(03) 9435 5971


Brett Money - Mobile








Riverside 4/130 (S Money 40 S Villani 39) def Macleod 128 (N Gedge 3/37 A Villani 2/33)

Mark Minney Medal: Sean Money



A Grade took on Macleod in a Grand Final rematch at Plenty Park. After losing the toss we were asked to field by Macleod with Nick Austin and Nick Gedge taking the new ball. Elliot Smale took the gloves after wicket keeping opening batsman Daniel Hoyne was stung on the eye lid by a wasp at training on the Thursday night.
Captain Austin (1/28 off 18 overs) was the first to strike as he kept things tight from one end with Scott Gibbs (1/4 off 6) taking the second wicket. Some fielding brilliance from Nick Gedge and Chris Salm then produced the run out of one of Macleod’s most dangerous batsmen in Tim Wise. Wickets fell regularly however at times Macleod threatened to get away through Rob Wise who made 39. Chris Salm (1/4 off 7) bowled beautifully and picked up the wicket of Macleod’s semi-final century maker Johnson, well caught by Sean Money at first slip. Salm produced a fantastic catch running from cover to catch the ball near the fence after diving at full length which lifted the team. Andy Villani (2/33 off 12.4) and Tim Knox (1/14 off 9) bowled well through the middle and latter overs as all six bowlers picked up a wicket. Nick Gedge (3/37 off 8) fought back hard in his second spell, Sean Money pouched three catches at first slip and Elliot Smale did a tremendous job standing in for Hoyne, taking two catches.
With 19 overs to negotiate, Nathan Bragg was elevated to open with Sean Money in the absence of regular opening partner Hoyne. We managed to get through unscathed to be 0/42 at stumps with Money 21 not out and Bragg 19 not out.
We will resume our innings on Saturday as we look to bring home our 10th A Grade premiership.


Following a 3 and a half hour delay for rain and the ground to dry, Money and Bragg resumed their innings chasing another 87 required. Losing Bragg early, Daniel Hoyne (10) got the score ticking over despite some tight bowling early before edging to 2nd Slip. Sean was then joined by Steve Villani who put on a critical 50 run stand before Money (40) and Villani (39) both fell within 20 runs of victory. It was then Scott Gibbs (1*) and Chris Salm (15*) who finished the game off, with Salm hitting 4,6,4 off what would turn out to be the final over to close out the match and bring home the first A Grade Premiership for 25 years. For his 40 and 3 catches, Money receiving the Mark Minney Medal for player of the match.


B Grade

Riverside 9/189 (cc) (S Corcoran 37 G Smyth 35 M Brooker 31 BT Money 26) def Epping 162 (L Morgan 5/64 L Rosbrook 3/20 C Gedge 2/58)



B Grade played in a nail biter against Epping but managed to take out the premiership, winning by 27 runs. 
We won the toss and batted on the fantastic surface at Riverside and had contributions all the way through the innings as we compiled 9/189 from our 80 overs on day 1. Steve Corcoran (37) top scored with Glenn Smyth (35 in his 200th game), Marcus Brooker (31), Brett Money (26), Brad Gedge (19), Luke Morgan (15) and Connor Gedge (11 not out) all making it to double figures. 
Our bowlers had the job ahead of them but it was Epping who started well before Luke Rosbrook (3/20 off 19 overs) struck twice. Connor Gedge (2/58 off 21) and Brett Lewis (0/13 off 10) did a good job with the new ball and kept things tight. Spinner Luke Morgan (5/64 off 27.4) bowled fantastically and unchanged from the river end as we tied things up to have Epping 4/53 off 51 overs at tea. The batsmen went on the attack after tea as the score crept up to the target, however Brett Money took an important juggling catch to dismiss their danger batsman, then Luke Morgan showed nerves of steel to pick up the last wicket and bring home the premiership as we bowled Epping out for 162. 
Well done to captain Mathew Doyle and his team on the back to back flags. It was a great season where we suffered just the one loss in round 1. Congratulations boys.

E Grade

Riverside 5/246 (cc) (M Nolan 99* A Nolan 43 W Gilmore 36) def North Eltham Wanderers 65 (D Rowley 4/15 N Hoobin 3/12 J Ramsay 2/5)


E Grade travelled out to Eltham North to take on the North Eltham Wanderers in the Grand Final as we won the toss and batted first.
Openers Nick Ellks (19) and Will Gilmore (36) put on 46 for the first wicket with Harry Ellks (8) solid at first drop. The Nolan brothers Adam (43) and Marcus (99 not out) then added 56 with a mixture of patience and hitting with James Dixon (11) also chipping in. Marcus Nolan and Cameron Drake (22 not out) then put on 64 runs in quick time at the back end of the innings as Marcus fell agonisingly short of a grand final century. We batted our 80 overs to finish 5/246. 
It was all one way traffic with the ball on day two as Nathan Hoobin (3/12 off 10 overs) picked up a wicket in the first over with new ball partner and grand final specialist Dave Rowley (4/15 off 15) doing damage at the other end. Cameron Drake (1/26) bought himself on and claimed a wicket before Joel Ramsay (2/5 off 1.2) cleaned up the tail to bowl North Eltham out for 65 in 33.2 overs and claim the premiership as we ran out winners by 181 runs. Young wicket keeper Tom Hewett claimed three catches with Will Gilmore pouching two.
Well done to co-captains Cameron Drake and Dave Rowley on their premiership win and congratulations to all the players.